Data Scientist – Big Data Developer
SESAMm is looking for a Data Scientist with a Big Data specialty to work with our Natural Language Processing (NLP) team, either in Metz or Paris.
SESAMm develops and commercializes financial market forecasting tools based on global web data for the global financial industry. With almost EUR 4M raised since inception in 2014, major clients across the world, numerous awards won and an exponential team growth, we are expanding quickly in Western Europe, Americas and Asia.
Join SESAMm, an innovative and fast-growing FinTech company!
Job Goals: You will be part of the Natural Language Processing (NLP) team to assist researchers by applying their research on real data for clients’ projects.
- Specify textual data extraction for clients projects
- Extract, filter, prepare, and store textual data
- Perform NLP analysis on millions of data points
- Investigate results using statistical methods
- Write technical reports either directly for the clients or for internal purposes
The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Engineering or University Master’s degree in computer science
Work Experience and Skills Requirements
- Work Experience: a first experience in Big Data is a plus
- OS/Libs/Frameworks: Unix, Git, Eclipse, Hadoop/Spark, MongoDB, SQL, AWS suite, etc.
- Skills: Strong programming skills, good analytical skills, good writing skills, high autonomy
- Natural languages: a decent level of French is mandatory, English is mandatory
You should be able to work in a team and show high motivation. This job requires autonomy and curiosity toward a changing environment.
Two kinds of profiles are suitable for the job: either you are a good programmer interested in data science or you are a good data scientist able with programming. In both cases you should be enthusiastic to work with lots of textual data. Since you will be responsible to analyze data for the clients and write reports, good analytical and writing skills are also required. Eventually, a high level of autonomy will be appreciated, even though you will be assisted by our NLP senior researcher to guide you in the whole process.
- Percent Time: 100%
- Duration: permanent contract
- Location: Metz or Paris
Please send your application to: email@example.com