SESAMm is a French Fintech company that provides tools for the asset management industry, based on our proprietary Big Data, Artificial Intelligence and Natural Language Processing technologies. We analyze a huge amount of unstructured textual data extracted from millions of news articles, blogs, forums and social networks in real time. We use this alternative data in combination with standard market data to provide innovative analytics on thousands of financial products across all asset classes, and to develop custom investment strategies using our internal machine learning and statistical expertise. With more than EUR 8M raised since its creation in 2014, major clients across the world, numerous awards won and an exponential team growth, we are expanding quickly in Western Europe, Americas and Asia.
Join SESAMm, an innovative and fast-growing FinTech company!
Our team is looking for an end-of-studies Intern in Business Development – Financial Software based in Paris (France).
Overarching Goal: As part of the International Sales Team, you will assist the Sales Managers with the main goal of bringing new sales leads and helping to optimize the sales process and manage the pipeline of prospects. This is a 6-month full time internship which can lead to a full-time position if objectives are met. You will learn to promote advanced analytics and data solutions to high-level individuals (C-levels, heads of data science, CIOs, heads of Innovation etc.) in quantitative and fundamental asset managers. Some occasional travelling can be expected.
- CRM Management: Research prospects, qualify them and help bring new leads by identifying opportunities. Continually find ways to improve pipeline management and the sales process;
- Pool Management: Be responsible for our pool of cold and warm leads. Manage prospects independently and conduct outreach campaigns to generate meetings through emailing and calls;
- Marketing and Research: Occasionally assist the Marketing team update Sales & Marketing documents or conduct Market research studies for our Sales Strategy Research;
- Assist the Sales Team in daily tasks: participate in business meetings and calls, help prepare meetings and assist in the negotiation and contractual phases, keep track of sales KPIs.
- Liaise with clients and partners, help organize events and negotiate with providers;
- Participate in conferences, networking events and meetings;
- Work closely with other teams at SESAMm, including technical teams (big data experts, researchers, quantitative analysts, data scientists).
The duties and responsibilities in this internship description may evolve with business needs.
- Master’s degree in market finance or similar degree from Business/Engineering School
Work experience and Skills Requirements
- Knowledge in financial markets and strong appetite for Data Science technologies and AI technologies;
- Initial experience in sales of financial software tools or in sales in market finance (funds or financial products) preferred;
- Creative personality and problem-solving attitude with strong autonomy;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both in English and French or other language a plus;
- Self-motivated and ambitious, you are ready to go the extra mile to make a difference;
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other relevant skills;
- Prior experience of using a CRM tool preferred.
- Any (light) programming experience is appreciated.
- Percent Time: 100%
- Duration: minimum 6 months
- Location: Paris (France)
Please send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org