At SESAMm, we provide tools for the asset management industry, based on our proprietary Big Data, Artificial Intelligence and Natural Language Processing technologies. We analyze a huge amount of unstructured textual data extracted from millions of news articles, blogs, forums and social networks in real time. We use this alternative data in combination with standard market data to provide innovative analytics on thousands of financial products across all asset classes, and to develop custom investment strategies using our internal machine learning and statistical expertise. With more than EUR 8M raised since its creation in 2014, major clients across the world, numerous awards won and an exponential team growth, we are expanding quickly in Western Europe, Americas and Asia.
Join SESAMm, an innovative and fast-growing FinTech company!
Internship goal: Participate in the development of a Natural Language Processing (NLP) engine to generate alternative data from raw text. Improvement of existing text-analysis and sentiment analysis methods to create indicators based on information from social media and social trading platforms.
● Identify relevant sources of information and extract data.
● Engineer and implement algorithm and linguistic rule improvements. The role requires working with large volumes of data to identify patterns.
● Participate in dataset creation for supervised learning
● Participate in product developments: analyze existing methods, develop original solutions and evaluate them, present results
● Stay up to date with the state of the art in information extraction and general NLP methods and techniques
● Write analysis reports
Work experience and Skills Requirements
● Software: Good skills in Python, with a knowledge of Machine Learning and NLP modules (Scikit-learn, pandas, Tensorflow, Spacy, NLTK, etc…)
● Work Experience: 0-1 year in NLP, computational linguistics or similar.
● Languages: Fluent English speaker with good writing skills, an intermediate level of French would be a plus
● Additional skills:
– Ability to create lexical semantic resources for NLP-based applications.
- Percent Time: 100%
- Duration: 6 months, starting in January 2020.
- Location: Paris (FRANCE)
Please send your application to: email@example.com