SESAMm provides tools for investment professionals based on proprietary big data, artificial intelligence (AI), and natural language processing (NLP) technologies. We work closely with major asset managers, banks, and private equity firms worldwide, analyzing huge amounts of unstructured textual data extracted from millions of news articles, blogs, forums, and social networks. We use this alternative data to provide innovative analytics on millions of private and public companies, sectors, brands, products, and more. SESAMm was founded in 2014 and has won major clients around the world, been recognized with numerous awards, and continues to expand rapidly in North America, Europe, and Asia.
As part of this expansion we are increasing our presence in Europe, with our teams in Paris and London. If you join, you will have an opportunity to help shape the culture of a strong team with substantial backing that is poised to grow quickly.
Join SESAMm, an innovative and fast-growing FinTech company!
Overarching Goal: As a Sales Engineer and Account Manager, your role will be at the intersection of sales and engineering, articulating technology and client needs at the executive, business, and technical levels. You will drive and manage the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, in close collaboration with Sales and Marketing. By accompanying technical clients (quantitative analysts and data scientists) in their entire journey, you will help generate cross-sell and upsell opportunities.
- Deliver impactful product demonstrations that tell a compelling story and help steer customers to a commercial relationship
- Present at field events such as major international conferences, seminars, etc., including by travelling regularly in European countries
- Assess technical needs of clients in collaboration with our engineering teams and create relevant offerings
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Transfer and clearly express customer requirements to engineering teams
- Remain knowledgeable and up-to-date on changes and developments on our technologies and products
- Provide relevant feedback and propose functional improvements to our products
- Collaborate with Marketing to create impactful documents including technical information about our products
- Develop and improve Sales Engineering processes
- Manage several accounts concurrently and strategically
- Ensure success with customers and optimize satisfaction
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers’ business challenges and their technical environment to provide technical information, guidance, and support
- Proactively monitor complex issues working closely with engineering to resolve customer technical issues
- Identify cross-sell and upsell opportunities; communicate them and coordinate with Sales team to execute on them
- Develop and improve Account Management processes
The duties and responsibilities in this job description may evolve with business needs.
- MS / Engineering degree
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a technical Consultant or Sales Engineer, with client-facing experience
- Capable of developing and delivering demos and presentations to clients, both for sales and account management
- Ability to build sustainable relationships with clients, including at top-management level, to provide effective commercial management and to extend business opportunities
- Data Science and/or Quantitative Analysis background with some Python programming skills
- Capable of understanding and articulating technology value propositions
- Ability to tie business problems to technical solutions
- Excellent communication and relationship skills: communicate with clients, understand their needs and issues, collaborate with internal teams
- Fluent English speaker with good writing skills
- Percent Time: 100%
- Duration: Permanent contract
- Location: Paris or London
Please send your application to: email@example.com