SENIOR BIG DATA ENGINEER
Our team is looking for a Senior Big Data Engineer in Paris:
At SESAMm, we provide tools for the asset management industry, based on our proprietary Big Data, Artificial Intelligence and Natural Language Processing technologies. We analyze a huge amount of unstructured textual data extracted from millions of news articles, blogs, forums and social networks in real time.
We use this alternative data in combination with standard market data to provide innovative analytics on thousands of financial products across all asset classes. Moreover, this data is also exploited to develop custom investment strategies using our internal Machine Learning and statistical expertise.
With more than EUR 8M raised since its creation in 2014, major clients across the world, numerous awards won and an exponential team growth, we are expanding quickly in Western Europe, Americas and Asia.
Join SESAMm, an innovative and fast-growing FinTech company!
SESAMm aims at unifying all its technical knowledge in a computation Framework whose main objectives are:
- To store large volumes of structured / unstructured data (up to hundreds of TB);
- To perform massive parallel analytics and computing tasks on those data including cleaning, streaming, researching, visualizing, map-reduce operations, …;
- To automatically deploy on demand server with predefined infrastructure (using container deployment).
Job Goal: You will be at the intersection of all SESAMm’s technical teams including Data Curators, Feature Analyst, Modelling and Strategists.
- Work in close collaboration with the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) and the Chief Procurement Officer (CPO) to refine the functional requirements;
- Design and develop Big Data architectures;
- Be a technical leader for the development teams.
The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Engineer degree in computer science or equivalent
- Work Experience: 3+ years of professional experience designing and developing highly scalable and reliable Big Data architecture in a Linux environment preferably in Python, Java or Golang;
- Experience with the setup of Cloud infrastructures on AWS, Google Cloud or Azure;
- Experience with distributed computing tools (Dask, Spark);
- Experience with inter-process messaging, micro-service architectures, and API design;
- Additional skills: Ideally already developed Automated Trading systems (Feed Handlers, Execution modules, Backtester, Smart Order Router).
You should be able to work in a team and show high motivation. This job requires autonomy and curiosity toward a changing environment.
- Percent Time: 100%
- Duration: permanent contract
- Location: Paris (France)
Please send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org