SESAMm provides tools for investment professionals based on proprietary big data, artificial intelligence (AI), and natural language processing (NLP) technologies. We develop innovative ESG solutions and datasets, by analyzing huge amounts of unstructured textual data extracted from millions of news articles, blogs, forums, and social networks. We use this alternative data to provide analytics on millions of private and public companies, sectors, brands, products, and more. SESAMm was founded in 2014 and has won major clients around the world, been recognized with numerous awards, and continues to expand rapidly in North America, Europe, and Asia.
As part of this expansion we are increasing our presence in the ESG space, with our team in Paris, France. If you join, you will have an opportunity to help shape the culture of a strong team with substantial backing and that is poised to grow quickly.
Join SESAMm, an innovative and fast-growing FinTech company!
Overarching Goal: As a Senior ESG Analyst you will help shape SESAMm’s entire ESG methodology, from defining new categories of indicators to formalizing the way our scores are presented and writing articles to analyze results on companies and projects. You will translate complex concepts into actionable insights and educate clients on our ESG techniques. You will work with a global team of analysts and data engineers and will propose developments in accordance with global regulations and client needs.
Help shape future developments of SESAMm’s ESG methodology
- Define scoring methodologies, in close collaboration with our engineering teams
- Analyze regulations, scoring frameworks and competitive landscape
- Propose new types of analytics and define easy-to-use outputs based on technical analytics and scores generated using Artificial Intelligence
- Analyze underlying data sources, suggest relevant websites or other data providers and assess quality of information
- Help standardize ESG methodologies across all teams
- Evaluate ESG solutions and provide feedback to product managers
Write articles, create presentations and reports based on SESAMm’s ESG indicators
- Identify relevant themes based on discussions with clients and active monitoring of controversies
- Analyze and interpret SESAMm’s ESG analytics and scores
- Write impactful studies and articles, both in long form and with short contents
- Create presentations with compelling interpretations, insights, and recommendations
- Present your results at major international conferences and to clients’ senior management / C-suite audiences
- Actively participate in the promotion of these contents on professional social media
Promote ESG internally and externally
The duties and responsibilities in this job description may evolve with business needs.
- MS / Engineering degree / MBA
- 5+ years of experience in ESG and some past experience as an analyst
- Good knowledge of the ESG industry, including data providers, methodologies and policies
- Excellent writing skills, detail-oriented, with a strong analytical mindset
- Ability to turn complex concepts into actionable recommendations
- Ability to work with datasets in Excel or with simple visualization tools
- Communication and relationship skills to communicate with clients, understand their issues and needs, and collaborate with internal teams
- Highly organized, with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Fluent English speaker with good presentation writing skills
- Some programming skills in Python would be a plus, but are not necessary
- Percent Time: 100%
- Duration: Permanent contract
- Location: Paris, France (with some remote work possible)
Please send your application to: email@example.com